This is the easiest thing in the world to make - more of a preparation than a recipe. I make these little open-face sandwiches a lot if I'm really busy with work or in a rush and they're perfect.
Makes: 2 - 3 servings
What You'll Need:
- 6 pieces of grain-free or gluten-free bread
- 3 Tbsp organic hummus
- 1 ripe avocado
- 15 - 20 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional but recommended for the hummus toast)
- 1 Tbsp salt-free everything bagel seasoning (I buy mine on Amazon)
- Fresh cracked sea salt & pepper, to taste
Toast your gluten-free bread. While your bread is toasting - mash 1 ripe avocado and a little salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl using a fork.
For the avocado toast:
Top each toast with mashed avocado, cherry tomato halves, a few cracks of fresh sea salt and black pepper and a little salt-free everything bagel seasoning.
For the hummus toast:
Top each toast with organic hummus, cherry tomato halves, a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, a few cracks of fresh sea salt and pepper and a little salt-free everything bagel seasoning.
Enjoy! This is honestly one of my favorite budget meal lunches and I often make a plate of them to share with Raphael.
Filmmaker. Photographer. Travel & adventure junkie.