This is one of our favorite easy meals: simply chop up some vegetables, coat with a little olive oil & seasoning and roast them to perfection. I often eat serve these vegetables with BBQ sauce and a little avocado or hummus for a quick weeknight dinner or weekend brunch.
What You'll Need:
- 3 small or 1 extra large organic sweet potato, chopped
- 1/4 organic yellow onion, chopped
- 1/4 organic red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 organic green zucchini squash, chopped
- 3 Tbsp organic olive oil
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp dried red chili flakes
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt (start with 1/4 and sprinkle on a little more to your preference)
- Organic BBQ sauce (optional)
Pre-heat your oven to 425F.
In a small bowl combine nutritional yeast, dried rosemary, garlic powder, chili powder, red chili flakes and salt and mix with a fork to create your spice seasoning.
Next - put your chopped sweet potatoes, zucchinis, onions and bell peppers in a large mixing bowl. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil and your spice seasoning and toss until all of the vegetables are coated evenly.
Spread your vegetables on a large baking sheet (no over-lapping!) and bake for 15 minutes. Toss with a spatula and continue to bake for another 15 - 18 minutes - until they're nicely roasted (but not burned).
I serve mine with a side of organic BBQ sauce for dipping but there is really no sauce needed - they're so flavorful on their own.
Filmmaker. Photographer. Travel & adventure junkie.