This salad is one of my new favorites & it's incredibly healthy. You don't have to plate it like this but if you are feeling fancy - it's super easy to do.
Makes: 2 servings
What You'll Need:
For the salad:
- 4 cups fresh arugula
- 1/2 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot
- 1 thinly sliced radish
- 1 to 2 small to medium heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 2 ounces of your favorite nuts or seeds (I buy raw dehydrated lemon pepper almonds from Fat Uncle Farms at my local farmer's market and I LOVE them but you can use any flavored, unflavored or raw nut or seed you like!)
- 1 ripe avocado, pit and skin removed - sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp dulse flakes
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
For the dressing:
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic, apple cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine all of your salad ingredients except for the tomato and cucumber. Sprinkle dulse flakes and nutritional yeast over the bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper with a fork. Pour it over your salad and toss to coat and evenly distribute all of the ingredients.
Carefully plate your salad in the middle of a large dinner plate. Add tomato & cucumber around the edge of the plate if you'd like and top each plate with a half an avocado and one ounce of nuts or seeds.
Filmmaker. Photographer. Travel & adventure junkie.